Derbyshire Horse Watch was set up to help prevent, and detect equine related crime by connecting owners and riders so that information can be communicated quickly. Derbyshire Horse Watch is part of the national Horse Watch Alliance, and we work in partnership with Derbyshire Police.
The success of any Horse Watch scheme revolves around its members. Our commitment to working together to protect horses and property is the base on which to build the measures that help to reduce our risk of having crimes committed against us.
Why Join Horse Watch
On joining Horse Watch, you can register with your local Horse Watch scheme and have other members watching out for you and your property, as well as getting information about the best ways to secure your horse and your property.
From the link below you can download our Horse Watch pack, which is a useful set of documents to record your horses and equipment, along with information on how to secure your horse, your tack and your transport:
- Horse Watch Identification Form – reference about your equine, and description in case of theft or if it is found straying.
- Incident Checklist – record key details from any incident you witness.
- Contact Sheet – useful contact numbers to hold.
- Security Information – preventative information and advice on securing your property.
- Don’t Recycle Your Tack Poster – for the prevention of tack-related crime
Derbyshire Horse Watch
2019 County Meetings:
04 December 2019 Xmas Meal – Spotted, Cow Holbrook, DE56 0TA